Dutcher Crossing Winery Hosts Bravissimo!
March 26, 2009
For immediate release Contact: Kim Flowers
Guests Will Bid on Chance to Spend an Entire Day Cooking
Alongside Chef Douglas Keane and the Staff of Cyrus Restaurant
New food, wine and music event to be held Saturday, May 2, 2009 at
Dutcher Crossing Winery in Dry Creek Valley
March 26, 2009 – Healdsburg, CA -- Bravissimo! 2009 is kicking off for the first time as an annual evening celebration featuring world class food and wine, music and auction festivities on the grounds of the incredible Dutcher Crossing Winery in the Dry Creek Valley, www.dutchercrossingwinery.com, on Saturday, May 2, 2009.
Award-winning chef Tim Vallery will create a tapas inspired gourmet meal paired with the wines of Dutcher Crossing, Domaine Chandon and numerous other Sonoma and Napa Valley favorites. This year's musical entertainment is the internationally recognized Larry Dunlap jazz quartet, featuring female vocalist Bobbe Norris. Guests will enjoy mingling in an informal lounge-like environment, designed exclusively for the Dutcher Crossing venue.
Cooking with Cyrus restaurant’s Doug Keane for the day is just one of the many unique confirmed auction items. A sampling of other confirmed lots include, among many others:
- One week at private home on secluded Ili Ili beach in South Kona, Hawaii
- La Quinta Resort and Spa five-night golf, tennis and swim vacation
- 100-bottle “instant cellar” of Sonoma county and Napa Valley world class wines
- Alexander Valley Vineyards trapshooting adventure, wine tasting and picnic
- Relish Cooking School class for 10 with award-winning local chef Tim Vallery and Ziggy, The Wine Gal
- Hog Island Oyster Company schucking party and picnic for 8
- Gemstone ring, courtesy of Goldbloom Jewelers of Healdsburg, designed by you
- Your choice of one of four champion thoroughbred mares – yes, real horses that have been hand-raised since birth by local a recognized Healdsburg breeder
- Intimate pinor noir tasting and candlelight dinner for 8 hosted by winemaker James MacPhail of MacPhail Family Wines, with surprise guest chef
- Two-night stay, private luxury condo at Ghiradelli Square’s Fairmont Heritage Place
- Fused-glass sculpted bowl, created by acclaimed glass artist Kate E. Black
- Mercedes-Benz Flex A Service
- $300 designer handbag courtesy of Healdsburg’s own Clutch shop, filled with surprise gift certificates from shops on the town plaza
Raffle tickets are being sold in advance for the opportunity to win a new retro style 2009 Vespa S50 motorscooter; a $1,000 gift certificate for Mark Allen Jewelers of Santa Rosa; or, a 36-bottle wine refrigerator. Tickets to the event are $85 per person if purchased by April 15th, $100 per person thereafter. Space is limited. To purchase tickets call the the ticket reservations line at 707-431-8508, or visit www.thsbravissimo.com.
Bravissimo! 2009 is a charitable event benefiting The Healdsburg School (THS), a private, independent K-8 school established in 2007, www.thehealdsburgschool.org. Event sponsors currently include Dutcher Crossing Winery, Passalacqua Winery, Shippey Vineyards,Gil Rodriguez McCann DDS, Sonoma Bank, Comstock Family Vineyard, Indian Springs Resort & Spa and Redwood Auto Body.